- Straight Stairlifts
- Curved Stairlifts
- Outdoor Stairlifts
- Standing Stairlifts
- Perched Stairlifts
- Refurbished Stairlifts
Should you choose a New or Reconditioned / Used Stairlift?
There are several points you should consider when deciding whether to purchase a new stairlift or a reconditioned / used stairlift. Below are a few factors that could help you make up your mind:
Advantages of New Stairlift
- Manufacturer warranty provided with each stairlift.
- Parts readily available, as the stairlift is still current.
- After-care - ie, support provided by the stairlift vendor.
- New stairlifts can be built tp specification, adapting to the users specific needs.
Disdvantages of New Stairlift
- More expensive than used stairlifts - often substantially.
- A curved stairlift could take 3-10 weeks depending on the level of customisation required.
- Curved lifts tend to require more service over time due to their complexity.
Advantages of Reconditioned / Used Stairlift
- Used stairlifts are usually much less expensive than an equivilant new stairlift.
- Savings could range between £300 and £1,000 (for straight stairlifts) - curved stairlifts could yield even higher savings.
- Good quality, name branded, serviced used stairlifts are as unlikely to break down as a new stairlift..
- A reconditioned stairlift will not devalue over time to the same extent as a new stairlift, so reconditioned stairlifts as a temporary fixture may be a better investment than an equivilant new stairlift.
Disadvantages of Reconditioned / Used Stair lifts
- Used stair lifts have less warranty than new stairlifts - sometimes none, depending on the reseller.
- You will require a used stairlift to "match" the shape of your stairs, which can make it harder to find a suitable lift.
- Used and reconditioned stairlifts are more likely to need a service, depending on the model and the reconditioner - at Budget Stairlifts, we resell only the most reliable brands, making it less likely you will encounter problems.
- Spare parts may be harder to come by if the model is no longer made - local dealers may be unable to support the stairlift long-term for this reason.
- A used lift will require a match with your specific needs..
- side of the stairs
- length of track
- users physical size and capabilities